POST JOB OPENINGS:
Preschool Teacher I (FULL TIME)
Bestow Schools (K-4) is a private, faith based, high quality Pre-K program designated as a Alabama First Class Pre-K Site and located in the Birmingham, Alabama downtown city center.
*Education/Certification: Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development. Preferred: State certification to teach and some classroom experience. Minimum CDA required.
Pay Range (Starting):
Starting salary within State of Alabama Minimum Salary Schedule for Teachers.
Experience working in a preschool setting and working with persons from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist in the creation of a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students with an emphasis on language development and emergent literacy skills.
- Perform duties as planned under the leadership of the Preschool Teacher.
- Assist in the screening and preparation of children to fully participate in program services.
- Implement the academic curriculum.
- Interact with the children in a way which conveys respect and nurturing.
- Support the social and emotional development of children
- Join in play with children; this will often mean getting down on the floor to interact with them.
- Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the development levels of the children.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials appropriate for the Preschool program.
- Maintain attendance records of children participating in the Preschool Program.
- Attend to the personal hygiene of each child in your care, including changing diapers or soiled clothing and washing hands, if necessary.
- Maintain a safe environment based on safety standards set by the program.
- Help other staff in preparing meals for children as required.
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the child care rooms at the end of the day, as well as putting away any outside equipment.