Gifted City Church is a small, intimate, and growing interdenominational fellowship in Birmingham, Alabama. The church meets in our pre-school auditorium and outreach building and is located in the city center. Due to the Covid pandemic, the church currently performs all activities remotely and via electronic means. The church is a part of the Gifted Nation consortium that includes The Gift Pad Christian Outreach Center, an entity that promotes economic/community development and job opportunities in underserved; Bestow Schools & Early Learning Centers, a high-quality pre-K program and school; Gift Corps, a volunteer organization with an annual volunteer event each year on MLK day and Gift of Character, ethics and leadership think tank.
Gifted City is a dynamic church impacting this community and the world. We are multigenerational and wish to maintain a blended worship style, with a fair mix of contemporary and traditional praise and worship, led in a way in which honors Christ and glorifies God.
Part-Time Worship Leader
The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead a thoroughly blended worship service and grow the music ministry at Gifted City. This person is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor. The candidate will possess an adaptable skillset and leadership capabilities, which will enable a worship ministry to grow with us as we add an online service and develop special worship events in our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Gifted City in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose, and mission of our church. Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities, which align with the mission and vision at Gifted City.
- Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead a well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship service and online service. This includes leading the Sunday Worship services and recruiting and developing a worship team and worship band and scheduling vocalists. Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor to coordinate the music for the Sunday services.
- Proficiency in leading worship with strong vocal ability. The ability to play a keyboard, piano, organ, etc. is strongly recommended. Ability to lead with keyboard accompaniment is desired. Background in music a plus. Current college or graduate-level students and recent graduates, especially those with a background in music or fine arts and a high level of spiritual maturity, encouraged to apply.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Attend staff meetings with the Senior Pastor and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
- When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Pay is negotiable and commensurate with average pay for worship leaders in this area and membership size.
Please submit your resume in PDF form, including 3 references, to the following email address. Please use “Attention: Senior Pastor” as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos of your professional work.
This post will remain open until filled. Send resume and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org